Blogs 10 May,2019
How To Make Your Dream Living Room Look Like The Bee’s Knees?
Have you moved into a new house or are you renovating the existing one? Are you thinking of some creative ideas to arrange your living room? You must have always had a vision of what you imagined your dream living room to look like. If yes then don’t wait and bring your dreams to life. However, if your thoughts are still covered with clouds of ambiguities then no need to worry. We are here to clear your mind and give you some mind-blowing ideas for living room decoration.
Spectacular Ideas To Set Up A Dream Living Room
Many people prefer Scandinavian, Bohemian, Contemporary or classic styles for their living rooms. However, no matter what your preference is, make sure it’s adaptable for all the occasions. Because the living room is a versatile space and a focal point of any house.
You can now make your living room look like the bee’s knees with our brilliant décor ideas. We have made sure that our living room ideas reflect comfort and easy care with exquisite looks.
From chic to classic, you will find all the ideal living room décor ideas below!
Start With The Splash Of Colour
The first step to an ideal living room involves blowing new life into it with some lively colours that complement each other. It can include painting your walls or your old living room furniture sets. The best tips for picking a successful colour scheme are as follows:
- Connecting all the elements of the living room with a single colour like golden for a luxurious look.
- Black or white colour to give a contemporary appeal to your living room.
- Natural or earthy hues for elegance and serenity.
- Additionally, you can repaint your furniture with modern shades to instil a fresh look in your room.
Find/Create A Focal Point
It is important to create a focal point in the living room while you design your dream living room.
- By adopting a minimalistic approach, you can select the most noticeable place of the living room as the focal point.
- It can be a TV stand or a great central wall impregnated with unique artwork and designs.
- A fireplace is also a traditional yet classy centrepiece. It exudes warmth and comfort in the room.
- If you love bohemian style then you can use a bamboo hanging chair as well.
Choose The Best Furniture
Living room furniture is the heart of your living room renovation. Select the most comfortable and stylish furniture.
- You can use sectional sofas because they offer more seating space and give a very elegant look.
- Moreover, you can use a central coffee table, a side table for lamps, a display or storage cabinet and a bookcase for books. Choose the material of the furniture based upon the style and theme you have selected.
- You can get some amazing oak furniture online if you feel inclined towards wooden furniture. Otherwise, for a modern look, you can buy metal furniture.
Fabric Impacts Profoundly
The fabric of the sofas and cushions also matters a lot. It signifies the aesthetic sense of the people who live in the house. Along with the texture, the colour of the fabric matters too. After all, a dream living room is a combination of beauty, elegance, luxury and perfection.
- Some popular fabrics used nowadays include Leather Gel, Velvet, Linen and Pembridge.
- Tones for fabric include neutral shades, warmer tones, dusky greys and soft pastels.
- Furthermore, stark white or beige tones are also seen as commonly used fabrics.
- Many individuals prefer using contrasting colours for an attractive aesthetic appeal.
Pay Attention To The Finishing
After you have picked your furniture and the fabric, start focusing on the finishing touches that complete the look of the room.
- Applying a beautiful wallpaper on the central wall.
- Placing a stunning rug in the centre of the living room to enhance the look of the furniture.
- Introducing attractive throws and cushions which complement the overall look of the living room.
- Using flowers and ornaments to decorate the coffee or side tables.
All these little details contribute to making a dream room that is a perfect example of beauty and comfort.
Mirror Mirror On The Wall
A wall mirror can make any room more sophisticated and graceful. For living rooms, you can hang mirrors of different shapes and sizes on the wall. However, make sure that all the mirrors are complementing each other. Some useful tips for this idea are:
- Use a combination of mirrors on a single wall to make it look like a gallery. It will capture the attention of your guests and can become a great focal point too.
- Be very selective while choosing the spot for the mirrors.
- Usually, the wall opposite the windows is the perfect choice for hanging mirrors.
- It reflects the light throughout the room and creates a dazzling look.
Create Intimacy Using Lights
Most of the homeowners spend a lot of money buying expensive furniture and accessories for their dream living rooms. But neglect the importance of sufficient lighting in the room.
The living room sets the impression for the rest of the house and therefore needs proper lighting.
- You can use accent lights to highlight a specific feature of the living room. They add more brightness to the room.
- Stylish chandeliers also look extremely beautiful.
- Similarly, you can also use wall mount fixtures or ceiling lights to design your dream living
To Use Or Not To Use Curtains?
Curtains have the ability to make or break the space in any room. The design idea of using curtains is often overlooked but it makes your living room awesome!
- Vibrant curtains on the windows of your statement wall is a killer combination. If you have one in your living room then you are one lucky fellow!
- Use the matching curtains which complement the colour of your living room and add depth to the room.
By following these suggestions and ideas you can easily make your dream living room that adds new life to your house. For the best quality of furniture, we would recommend you to visit Furniture Villa. It is the UK’s leading furniture seller which deals in high-quality oak wooden furniture. We hope you will find our living room ideas helpful and inspirational. Take the first step to achieve your dream room today!